Thursday, July 03, 2008

Miscellaneous horse news

Things are settling back into routine now that we're home. Lena got new shoes and both horses got nice long rides yesterday. Steve noticed that Bar responds pretty well to the two-handed trick we learned at Slide Mountain. I'll have to try that next time I ride my big brown monster. I rode Lena and felt like my position and balance were both in the right place and consistent, too. I had her paying attention to my cues pretty well, as well as responding to what I asked her to do easily and (mostly) smoothly.

Steve and I have both settled back into work, but notice that it's a lot more tiring to try to ride during the week when you're not on vacation.

Katie D. is at the Pebble Beach Dressage Show with Willoughby, but sadly, there are no pictures of her up on the site just yet. :) I hope they have a good time and learn a lot.

Nothing much new at the barn, except of course that board has gone up some to cover the increase in hay prices. Cheri says they had to raise their prices, too, just to cover costs. It looks like prices are not quite doubled from last year, but even so, that's a big difference.

It is nice to be home and to settle back into our normal routine, but Steve and I thought it would also be nice to wander around the Sierras on horseback for a few more weeks.

No comments: