Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Long overdue update

Well thing have moved along without me documenting a lot of it here, but that has become the theme for 2013.

Dixie, my almost-horse, has found a much more suitable home with a young woman who is so delighted with her it shines through in every email update she sends me and in every photo I've taken of them since the day they picked her up.

Dixie and the right owner
Clyde has moved to a new barn with his sponsor and future adopter, Mary Sue. We are hoping the move helps clear up his hives (his immune system is figuring things out), but mostly it's a better fit for him and for Mary Sue.

Big handsome brown horse
So we are currently between Neigh Savers horses which means--gasp! I have a lot of time for my own horses and maybe to do a little writing, too.

Calabar is coming along nicely with his Dressage work, sometimes despite my input. I rode Lena recently, too, and realized what a different horse she is from Calabar. I knew this, of course, but it was good to practice the difference. And to sit a trot. That was a nice change. She needs more work than she's getting right now--Allie is in Scotland and then is going off to get her Masters in the East Bay. Good for Allie but kind of a bummer for us. On the other hand, it will be good to ride Lena more often if I can make that happen. The balance between the two horses is interesting and instructive.

AND we have a new-to-us recycled cat named Simon. He is a Siamese and talks like one. He is ten (we think) and has so far exhibited only a minor interest in the outside sometimes. He loves sitting in Steve's lap wherever Steve happens to be seated. I don't think Simon has interrupted any meetings with his distinctive meow, but I'm not here all day with the two of them so I can't swear to that.

Simon warming Steve's spot on the sofa
I'm still busy, still working hard and enjoying whatever runs through my days. Life is good and full of slobbery horse kisses. What else would I need? Oh, right. A perpetual supply of fresh carrots.


3 comments:

Paola said...

Thats great that some of the horses are being adopted and finding homes. I didn't know that you were just fostering those two. Simon sounds like a cool cat. Well, have a nice week!

Jessica said...

Thats great news that the horses found new homes with loving owners. Rescued anything always has the best personality and the biggest heart.

lmel said...

Nice to see horse being adopted. :)
You can never have too many carrots, right? I need to plant a second crop before winter hits!