Friday, November 14, 2008

Horses and the internet

Trying to find reliable horse information on the internet can be both time-consuming and not very fruitful. It's also downright scary if you're looking up symptoms or health issues. (Which I mostly avoid dong because, well, I'm really enough of a worry-wort as it is.)

Sometimes you can find fun stuff, though, like your horse's pedigree online.

Oddly enough (or maybe not), if you go back a bit on both Lena's and Bar's pedigrees, you find Man O'War.

I actually don't care much about what genetics make up my two horses. Their personalities mean more to me than the bloodlines they came from, though I am glad they both inherited good confirmation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, it looks like he's also descended from Diabolo, which I think is the horse I had the kiddie drawing we'd always do in the Kentucky Derby. (We "bet" by putting in a quarter and drawing numbers out of a hat...still do if we're with family on that day.)