Friday, March 14, 2008

Reasons to come home


There are a lot of reasons I'm glad to be home - Steve and Katie chief among them - but obviously, I have two other favorite folks to come home to.

I spent about 5 hours at the barn yesterday, grooming, cleaning pens, hanging out, and then finished up with a pretty nice ride on Bar.



Oddly enough, it was easier for me to relax after being away, which may be one reason our ride went well. I guess being away from it made me really appreciate how big a part of my life riding has become, and how much I get from it. He wasn't perfect, but he was much more responsive to correction, very focused, and I even got a nice slow trot out of him.



I even shared some snacks with them - nice and organic, of course.



I had to convince Lena she really didn't want any grapefruit, though.

This may be my favorite picture from yesterday, though I took a lot more. I particularly like the wild forelock blowing in the breeze.



There is nothing quite like warm horse neck at the end of a long trip. Well, warm horse neck and your own bed - not at the same time, of course.

No comments: