Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Horse



I know, I've been a terrible blogger.
But I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. A lot has happened in my little horse world since I last wrote. I had to make a really hard decision concerning my horse Fenway. Last year I found out that Fenway had arthritis in his neck. I tried injecting the vertebrae in his neck, turned him out to pasture for three months, and no luck. He was not happy working, it hurt him. So I had to decide between having 2 pastures horses or my riding career. I chose my riding career because that's what makes me happy and that's why I got Finny in the first place. I was lucky was able to find him a great home. He's living in a family's backyard, going on occasional trail rides, and eating lots of sugar! It was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make.
So begins the search for a new competition horse! Exciting but hard because I compare everything to Fenway! I drove to Thousand Oaks this weekend and tried an amazing horse. If I get him, I'll name him Wallabe. He's has the sweetest personality and he is a fabulous mover. He's only six so we'll have a lot of time together.
Wallabe is a son of Weltmeyer, a popular dressage sire. Weltmeyer
The vet check is set for Thursday morning. Cross your fingers!

No comments: