Thursday, September 20, 2007

What I love about my horse


I entered a contest last night to win a trailer, not because we need one but because all I had to do was write a short story about why I love my horse. Could it be an easier subject for me?

Here's what I wrote:
"What I love about Lena is everything; the copper-penny glow of the sun on her coat, her big curly ears and the bulls-eye spot around her tail, the dusty warm smell of her skin, and the presence, energy, and personality that shine out of those big brown eyes. Heck, I even love cleaning out her pen every day.

But what I love most are the things she teaches me - patience, balance, trust, and humility. Just when I think I know something, she reminds me I'm still learning. And if I'm learning, I'm living. That is her greatest gift."

No comments: