Friday, August 18, 2006

How this happened

There is another common denominator between Katie and me; we both work for O'Reilly Media, Inc.

Katie works on Make and Craft magazines. She promotes the magazines at tradeshows, sells advertising in both - and on the websites, too - and helps coordinate and organize events like our very successful Maker Faire.

I work over in our Online Publishing Group, coordinating the operations end of our online ad sales department for all advertising that runs on The O'Reilly Network.

When Katie started, Shawn Connally - managing editor of Make and former horse person - introduced us. Katie was eventually brave enough to take my crazy horse and me out on a trail ride and has since endured a couple of challenging trailer lessons. And she still says my horse is good!

We both wanted to start a blog and we both have horse stories - some cat and dog stories, too - and that's how we got here.

No comments: