Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Horse holiday has ended

So the good news is I got a job--a full-time job in Sebastopol, no less! The bad news is the era of spending 4 hours a day at the barn is over.

It's probably for the best, but I do have some regrets and I'm sure the horses will face a short readjustment period. "What?! Only 2 carrots per day each?!" I even had to skip the barn entirely today because I had a dentist appointment first thing this morning and couldn't quite figure out how to squeeze them in either before (like, O-Dark-Thirty) or after, since I had to work late to make up for being late this morning. Poor horses. I hope they aren't too traumatized.

I will have to figure out how to balance the new job, but it may take a couple weeks before we get there.

Hoping things will smooth out eventually and I can establish a new training routine. Should be easier once the days get longer, too.

I am excited to be working again, though. I just don't do leisurely very well at all. I even tried to learn, but alas, it appears I am entirely too wiggly for it.

No wonder I have the horses I do.

No comments: