Sunday, February 08, 2009

My photo got picked for a Berkeley Schmap



A few months ago, I logged into my Flickr account and had a message that one of my photos from Golden Gate Fields was being considered for a Berkeley Schmap. Turns out they used it, which I thought was kinda cool.

If you click on the Golden Gate Fields link, you'll eventually see the picture above come up attributed to me.

On the technology side, Schmap has a really nice interface that allowed me to drag a corner of the widget below to resize it and change the color very easily right in the browser window. That automatically changed the code so I could cut and paste the widget wherever I needed it. Pretty nifty.



And if I had an iPhone, Schmap would probably come in handy for all kinds of reasons. Okay, if I had an iPhone and I was still traveling, it would really come in handy. Have to work on one or both of those things, I think.

But in the meantime, I feel vaguely famous!

No comments: