Friday, February 08, 2008

Horse dreams

This video of Stacy Westfall and her tackless ride in the 2006 All American Quarter Horse Congress is over a year old and most horse people (at least in the Western world) have probably seen this, or at least heard of it. But, even though I'd seen the pictures, it's still an amazing and inspiring thing to watch. Maybe even aspire to in some fashion, though I have my doubts we'll ever be quite this talented.

I would love to be able to ride this well AND trust myself and either horse this much.

Maybe in a few years. Like 15. Ha!



My friend Ken - who is totally unaffiliated with anything horse-related - saw it and sent it to me because he has come to accept my obsession. He may not understand it, but at least he humors me.

1 comment:

RunAwayPony said...

I LOVE STACY WESTFALL! She's AMAZING! I hope I can ride that well someday.