Thursday, April 15, 2010

Too soon to be bored of this?

I can appreciate that healing takes time and that the itching has just begun, but what will cross my mind the next time (and there will be a next time) I start to fall off is the loss of time.

I need to work with Lena, even just on the ground, to figure out how to better predict her actions. I need to be hand-walking Bar right now to get his knee back in shape--and really just to spend that quiet time with him.

Unfortunately, work is busy (new business unit I'm currently attempting to organize) and I'm so tired at days end from that and from carrying around my broken arm, there isn't much left for the horses. Well, there is some, but not enough to necessarily protect myself from further injury when dealing with bouncy horses.

I've had several offers of help and I may even consider it if I can't find more energy in the next day or so, but I'd prefer to tend my own horses. I'm goofy that way, I know.

So that's what I'll be thinking of the very next time falling off looms--I've just got too much to do and no time for this broken-ness.

1 comment:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Believe it or not, you will most likely grow used to the cast, and learn to adapt to the limitation it places on you. At a which point it won't slow you down much. When I was wearing one on my write hand, with the last two fingers splinted at a right angle, I learned how to hold a pen and still write.

I even learned how to climb up and down the ladders on a submarine with it, as I refused to let the Docs keep me in port.

As a wise person once said, "this too shall pass."