Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on the walking wounded

Bar and I are both healing!

I found out today that the bone is in better position now than the day I broke it! Woo! I have one of those nice temporary fiberglass casts (in dark burgundy) and go back in next week for another check. They did stabilize my elbow and open up my fingers so I can even sort of type with two hands, now. This certainly will make blogging a bit less painful.

Bar's knee seems to also be healing, so at least he can hopefully start exercising soon. A stir-crazy Thoroughbred is never a good thing--on the other hand, it is presenting me with new training opportunities.

Speaking of training, Steve has concluded that perhaps Lena Rey needs a little more input as she may have become a bit too large for her saddle.

I think this will be a good thing for all of us, actually. It will force us to be creative and think outside the arena rut--or even the trail rut. Less pointing in a direction and kicking, more thinking and playing.

This could get very interesting.

2 comments:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Glad to hear things are not as bad as they could be.

Sounds like Lena could benefit from a diet and exercise plan. I had to cut old Smokey Joe back on his grain. This is the first winter where he came out fat on the other side.

Jessica Boyd said...

Yah, we have already cut way back on her grain and Steve has conceded that some of the work I've done with Bar might benefit Miss Lena.

Trying not to coach your significant other can be a little challenging, but I have faith in Steve (and Lena) to come out of this in a better place.