Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The listening continues


After a day off yesterday, Bar was anxious to go do some work tonight. So anxious it was a little funny.

"Can I do this for you? How about this?"

I know that's probably giving him too much credit, but he was unusually eager to please today. He was also moving very well and felt like working, so maybe that was the only thing going on.

Doesn't much matter, though. He got a good work out and we had a good time, even though it was just ground work tonight. (Someone has to leave work before 5:45 to get a ride in before dinner.)

I may not always get the exact message he's sending, but this horse just keeps teaching me how to listen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe he was over compensating for his trailer antics? Sounds like a great time!

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Doesn't it feel good when the horse is listening and the rider is paying attention?

Although I do enjoy those times when everything is effortless.

Jessica Boyd said...

Breathe, I'd like to think so, but I'll just be happy he gave me what he had to give.

BR, I have to be better at seeing those effortless times when they happen. :)